Test and characterisation
We test, characterise and qualify your circuits, sensors and systems. Based on our excellent pool of measurement equipment, we develop an individually adapted test environment for measurements on wafers and individual components. Our services range from measurements on transistors, circuits and assemblies to the characterisation of complex applications.
With our team we will support you with:
Together with you, we develop and optimise test setups to determine the parameters of your circuits and components accurately and quickly.
- Development of test methods
- Modular test platforms
- Development of application-specific test equipment
- Load board development for test platforms in production test
- Development of probe cards for wafer test
We support you in creating and optimising automatic test sequences to determine trustworthy and reproducible measurement data.
- Wafer test (max. 12'' wafer)
- PXI test systems
- Test programming (LabView, Python, C)
- Statistical measurement data evaluation
Thanks to our many years of experience in the development and implementation of small-series tests, we reliably ensure quality and adherence to schedules.
- Automated wafer test (max. 12'' wafer)
- Device test
- Test under temperature influence (-40 °C ... 300 °C)
- Quality assurance through statistical evaluation of measurement data
To predict the lifetime of your circuits and components, we work with you to develop an accelerated ageing setup and perform the necessary ageing tests.
- Development of setups for ageing
- Determination of stress conditions
- Evaluation of the ageing development
For the transfer of your developments into production, we organise qualification tests for components or packages according together with you.
- Planning and execution of qualification tests according to JEDEC standard
- Device qualification (HTOL, LTOL, Latch-Up, ESD, etc.)
- Package qualification (HTSL, UHAST, TC, etc.)
- Development of a suitable test environment
To ensure and monitor your high-quality technology and products, we offer development- and production-accompanying tests.
- Measurements of component parameters
- ESD investigations according to HBM and TLP standards
- Characterisation for semiconductor technology (CMOS, SOI, BiCMOS)
- Reliability and quality assurance studies for semiconductor manufacturers
For this, we use our many years of experience and expertise in the following fields:
- RF- and EMC-compliant circuit design and PCB layout
- Characterisation and test of ICs and assemblies (coaxial and on wafer)
- Impedance and S-parameter measurements up to 50 GHz
- Spectral and signal analysis up to 26 GHz
- Noise measurements up to 26 GHz
- Static and dynamic measurements on optical sensors
- Parameter determination on light sources
- Development of optoelectronic circuits
- Spectral investigations on light sources and detectors
- Measurement and application systems for single photon detectors (SPAD)
- Circuit design for power applications
- Static and dynamic measurements on power semiconductors
- Wafer test up to 1 kV
- Pre-compliance measurement of conducted emissions (EMC)
- Long-term tests on high-voltage components under the influence of temperature (HTRB measurements)
- HBM Standard
- TLP standard
- Wafer test
- Device test
- Test up to 300 °C
- Wafer test
- Device test
- Development of test solutions for high-temperature test
- Vibrometric measurements for the analysis of mechanical vibrations
- Electrical and capacitive vibration excitation
- Wafer test
- Device test
Dipl.-Ing. Michael Meister
Head of Industrial Electronics and Measurement Technology
michael.meister(at)imms.de+49 (0) 3677 874 93 20
Michael Meister is your contact for testing services, the development of test methodologies, and long-term measurements. He answers your questions on Modular and mobile test systems that we develop in our research in Smart distributed measurement and test systems as well as about testing and characterisation of integrated sensor systems. He is responsible for the test equipment at IMMS and will support you in the validation of ASIC and MEMS developments.
TSN test lab
In the Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) laboratory, IMMS is exploring the technological limits to the creation of data-intensive industrial real-time applications.
Research infrastructure for the next MEMS generation: 3D vibrometer system and new broadband amplifier
In the MEMS-T-Lab, IMMS takes highly complex semi-automated measurements for complete MEMS wafers
Alexander Zimmer, X-FAB Global Services GmbH, Erfurt
”IMMS was able to offer us valuable support due to its many years of experience in the field of measurement technology and circuit design for optical sensors. The reliable work and the trusting partnership is a highly valued basis for the cooperation with IMMS.”
Hans-Christian Fritsch, Ilmsens
“We were particularly pleased that we, as a start-up from Thüringen with IMMS as its research institute, were able to create an innovative high-tech solution with the Thuringian semiconductor manufacturer X-FAB. We appreciate the high level of expertise and flexibility as well as the customer-oriented and target-oriented way of working of the colleagues from IMMS.”
Christian Paintz, Melexis
“Particularly in the evaluation of measurement data, IMMS has impressively demonstrated that a learning algorithm is on a par with manual evaluation – while saving a great deal of time. We are also continuing to pursue methods for circuit and layout analysis, as we see great research and application potential here as well.”
Messumgebung zur mixed-signal Echtzeit-Parametererfassung bei LebensdauertestsMichael Meister1. Björn Bieske1. Ingo Gryl1. Dagmar Kirsten2.
34. ITG/GI/GMM-Workshop Testmethoden und Zuverlässigkeit von Schaltungen und Systemen (TuZ 2022), 27. Februar - 1.März 2022, Bremerhaven, Germany1IMMS Institut für Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme gemeinnützige GmbH, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany. 2X-FAB Global Services GmbH, Germany.
Modular hardware and software platform for the rapid implementation of asic-based bioanalytical test systemsAlexander Hofmann1. Peggy Reich1. Marco Götze1. Alexander Rolapp1. Sebastian Uziel1. Thomas Elste1. Bianca Leistritz1. Wolfram Kattanek1. Björn Bieske1.
2021 Design, Automation & Test in Europe (DATE), 01 - 05 February 2021, University Booth, past.date-conference.com/proceedings-archive/2021/html/date2021-uni-booth-pro.pdf, Virtual Conference1IMMS Institut für Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme gemeinnützige GmbH, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany.
A modular application specific active test environment for high-temperature wafertest up to 300 °CMichael Meister1. Marco Reimard1.
International Conference and Exhibition on High Temperature Electronics Network (HiTEN 2019), 8 - 10 July 2019, St. Anne’s College in the University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom, DOI: doi.org/10.4071/2380-4491.2019.HiTen.0001221IMMS Institut für Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme gemeinnützige GmbH, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany.
Modular Desktop Platform for High-Temperature Characterization and Test up to 300°CTom Reinold1. Björn Bieske1. Georg Gläser1. Michael Meister1.
International Conference and Exhibition on High Temperature Electronics Network (HiTEN 2019), 8 -10 July 2019, St. Anne’s College in the University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom, DOI: doi.org/10.4071/2380-4491.2019.HiTen.0001171IMMS Institut für Mikroelektronik- und Mechatronik-Systeme gemeinnützige GmbH, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany.