As a design house for the open technology platform XMB-10 from X-FAB, we develop acceleration sensors according to your specification in a semi-automated design process. For the testing of MEMS, we focus on the vibrometric investigation of sensors. This includes functional tests, e.g. of resonators up to 1.2 GHz, as well as indirect parameter identification. From vibrometric measurement data and FE parameter calculations, material stresses of beam- and membrane-based sensors can be determined.
We have been supporting research institutes in the field of MEMS for a long time. In recent years, we have already been able to successfully transfer some of the research results into products of our industrial partners.
Based on experience from numerous research and customer projects we offer the following services.
- design, layout and test of acceleration sensors in XMB10 technology from X-FAB
- development of customised 1D, 2D or 3D accelerometers based on customer specifications
- execution of electrical tests
- shock tests in cooperation with partners
- FE simulation of cantilever-, beam- and membrane-based sensor structures with different operating principles
- optimisation of sensor structures with respect to sensor parameters, such as sensitivity and non-linearity, taking into account technologically determined process tolerances
- vibrometric investigations of MEMS
- functional test, e.g. of resonators
- indirect determination of material properties, e.g. material stresses
- monitoring of material stress of membrane-based sensors over the entire manufacturing process from wafer level to packaging
Dr.-Ing. Frank Spiller
Interim Head of Mechatronics
frank.spiller(at)imms.de+49 (0) 3677 874 93 61
Dr. Frank Spiller will provide detail on our research on magnetic 6D direct drives with nm precision for the nm measurement and structuring of objects. He supports you with services for the development of mechatronic systems, for simulation, design and test of MEMS as well as for finite element modelling (FEM) and simulation.
Systematic design and economical manufacture for intelligent multi-sensor systems in small quantities