We develop new methods and tools for your system-on-chip and FPGA designs to master the increasing complexity of integrated systems and thus further increase performance. We provide you with the experience and solution approaches from our system developments and IC designs for your projects and ideas.
Our focus is to reach the goal efficiently: We decide pragmatically and question the application of our tools – from AI to classical analysis methods – to ensure a secure and trustworthy design.
Your practical knowledge in application and our know-how on methods are at the heart of this. We offer you the environment and the team to make your project a success – from the first brainstorming to the finished system. With us, you can discuss a wide variety of ideas and novel concepts, evaluate them and improve them through to product development.
- Provision and further development of software for computer-aided fault analysis, e.g. analysis of measurement data, parasitic impact analysis for on-chip EMC bug fixing, pre-layout symmetry analysis
Provision and further development of software for automatic model generation e.g. AI-based generation of mixed-signal energy consumption models, generation of model checks (operating condition check on block and system level)
- Setup and maintenance of FPGA and IC design environments e.g.: Git-based regression environments, simulator-in-the-loop testing of signal processing units (linking simulator/FPGA prototype to Matlab, Octave or Python algorithms)
- AI-based analysis of design data e.g.: automatic reviews of IC and PCB layouts
- Trainings and workshops
- Framework for AI-based analysis of design and test data
- Framework for automated model generation and model checks
- Development environment for the integration of regression tests and test driven design for hardware development
- Machine Learning (Python, TensorFlow)
- Analog Flavor Waveform Reader
- Cadence design tools
- OpenSource simulators (Icarus Verilog, Verilator)
- Simulator interfaces (Python-based, cocoTB,...)
- Agile project and code management with Git
- System houses
- IP vendors
- SMEs with FPGA demand
Eric Schäfer, M. Sc.
Head of Microelectronics / Branch Office Erfurt
eric.schaefer(at)imms.de+49 (0) 361 663 25 35
Eric Schäfer and his team research Integrated sensor systems, especially CMOS-based biosensors, ULP sensor systems and AI-based design and test automation. The results are being incorporated into research on the lead applications Sensor systems for in-vitro diagnostics and RFID sensor technology. It will assist you with services for the development of Integrated circuits and with IC design methods.
Against hacker attacks: Innovative chip architectures, modelling and verification methods for trustworthy electronics
We are developing copy protection solutions for integrated circuits to secure the know-how of partners
IMMS develops novel designer assistance system and smart models to design sensor and control chips for I4.0 applications
Christian Paintz, Melexis
“Particularly in the evaluation of measurement data, IMMS has impressively demonstrated that a learning algorithm is on a par with manual evaluation – while saving a great deal of time. We are also continuing to pursue methods for circuit and layout analysis, as we see great research and application potential here as well.”
Dr.-Ing. Dirk Nuernbergk, Melexis
“The institute has developed and implemented a program that automatically finds and evaluates critical parasitics even at the design stage. In consequence, layout optimisation, which normally takes so long, is massively accelerated. In a very short time, we were able to identify the problematic points in three circuits.”